Sunday, November 30, 2008 9:12
System Center 2008 Management Packs for TFS 2008
System Center 2008 Management Packs for TFS 2008 is now available for download on Microsoft Download Center
The Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2008 Management Pack monitors exposed services of TFS. This management pack includes event rules and monitors. It is designed to proactively monitor quality and availability of TFS services and even automate recovery in some scenarios.
- Auto discovery of TFS components
- Leverages ASP.NET MP and SQL MP
- Implements containment hierarchy reflecting logical architecture of the Product
- Implements a proper health model using Monitors
- Contains tasks, diagnostic and recovery for certain failures
- Events indicating service outages
- Alerts indicating configuration issues and connected data source changes
- Verification that all dependant services are running
- Targeted running of BPA against TFS Servers from Operator Console
New monitoring capabilities can be easily added.